Thursday 1 January 2015

Primer is Lingerie for your Make Up!

I love the Arbonne Primer

Two years ago I had no idea what a makeup primer was but now I have heart palpitations if I can’t find mine!

Primers basically do for make up what lingerie does for clothes! Smooth’s everything out and makes it look a bit better.  Many of us will know that a primer for painting walls is a paint product that allows finishing paint to adhere much better than if it were used alone. A make up primer is the same principal.

Primers help to refine pores and smooth out skin providing a better surface for your foundation so that it takes more easily and most importantly to me – stays put longer. 

I barely have time in the mornings to apply makeup, let alone time to reapply it later, so staying power of the products I use is vital to me.  For even more staying power I use a long wearing foundation on top of a primer.

I love that even though I run around like a mad woman all day, after two boisterous boys, my makeup is still there in the evenings when my hubby gets home - so I'm a little less scary looking!

I personally love the Arbonne Primer – it is a lovely smooth texture and it leaves my face with a matte, velvety surface ready for my foundation.   I have also heard great things about the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Benefits ‘Pore’fessional.  There are even primers specifically for your eyelids to aid your eye shadows (Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion is a great one!) 


I like to use Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation on top of my primer so that my makeup stays all day.
I use it in 'Fresco' when I'm pale and the shade 'Pebble' during summer months (or when I fake tan).



Share:

1 comment

  1. Have a nice sharing of health in your hand. thank you..
    www.tamirediyorum.net

    ReplyDelete

© Emily Norris | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig